Because our products are native internet applications, all you need is any browser (Safari, IE, Chrome, Etc.) and a connection to the Internet. To get the full benefit from our products, we also suggest a number of other complementary applications, a scanner, and printer.
- DSL, cable modem, T1 line, or equivalent through Internet Service Provider (ISP) of your choice.
- Bandwidth requirements vary based upon the number of users, amount of activity, and size and volume of file attachments used by your practice.
- A medium to high speed connection is required from all locations from which you plan to access the product. To verify your current speed, go to: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and click the button on the left side of the page of the city closest to your location. The test will start automatically.
- Desktop or notebook computer running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Windows 2000
- Mobile device with internet access
- Internet connectivity
- Our software runs native from any internet connection with any browser.
- An email account is required for communication with the MRC applications. If you don’t have an email account, we recommend a free one from MSN Hotmail. Go to http://www.hotmail.com.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (available at no charge) is required to view PDF files which are used for viewing and printing. To install from Adobe, go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
- Microsoft Office is also recommended for creation of documents that your practice can then share and utilize with our software applications.
- A current model laser printer is recommended for printing of large reports. Our software defaults to your current printer.
- A scanner with automatic document feeder is recommended for creating electronic versions of paper documents, such as insurance cards. A recommended line of document scanners available from Fujitsu. A good one is the FJ-5200 series.
Local Area Network (optional)
- While not required by MRC, a LAN can be deployed to provide file and print sharing as well as Internet access to multiple computers in the same location.
- Typically a router, hub, firewall and server are deployed.
- MRC does not provide IT services will be happy to coordinate with your local IT specialist.